Sunday, April 25, 2010

Women's Health Retreat in Young

So, with much thanks to many people for helping out with the kids, I was able to go to Young for three days on a Women's Health Retreat. My sister-in-law Dayna invited me to go and it ended up being one of the greatest things I have ever done for myself. We learned about eating whole foods, the importance of drinking lots of water, getting 30 to 60 minutes of exercise daily and overcoming negative self-talk and doubt. We wrote positive affirmations to repeat to ourselves, prepared our own whole food meals, exercised together and had lots of class time for learning all the good stuff. There was so much it is hard to sum it up. But, I can say, it works for me and I am so, so glad I did it!


Meal preparation time


Dayna on the Cellerciser


Outside for our run/walk time
From left to right: Colleen, Ann, Erleen (hostess), Lenore, Me, Dayna


Happy Chefs


Beautiful Dayna Darling


We had a drink this 2.5 gallon jug of water empty in three days.
Mine is the jug on the far right. I finished drinking mine first, just in front of Dayna. I peed constantly while there. Sometimes three times an hour.


Hard at Study

Background